Sam commentary: 2012-04-21-samantha-clemens-p1-commentary.mp3
Todd Wallack: 2012-04-21-samantha-clemens-p2-todd-wallack-liberty-mutual.mp3
Paul Dorf: 2012-04-21-samantha-clemens-p3-paul-dorf-exec-comp.mp3
Is a sleeping giant waking up??
”Citigroup’s shareholders recently took advantage of the new “say-on-pay” provisions of the Dodd-Frank law to vote DOWN CEO Vikram Pandit’s $15 million pay package.”
And here in Boston, the Liberty Mutual CEO has been under fire for collecting $50 million A YEAR for his job…. When rates are set by the state! Is he really that good??
- Paul Dworf, Managing Director of Compensation Resources Inc, is an expert in Executive Compensation. We’ll talk about:
- how these guys set executive compensation levels,
- how they measure success,
- how they hire these guys in the first place,
- how compensation and the attitude of the execs has changed over time,
- what the effect of tax increases would have
- and whether more money is really an incentive for these guys.
My question: Just how is it that the free market can’t get these wages DOWN instead of up in a down economy? Are there more of these guys on the streets – more supply of executive labor than demand? What’s going on?
Call in: 617 237 1234!